I’ve said it before, but just for the heck of it, let’s bring it up again… IT IS WINTER!! And thus, not my favourite season. Sure it brings things like skiing, snowboarding, ice skating (and this year, the Winter Olympics!), but it’s still just too cold for my liking. Plus, all this cold weather and need to wear layer upon layer of clothing simply to avoid getting the sniffles…. it just seems pointless and frustrating.
Luckily, this year I have gotten into juicing. We received a juicer as a wedding gift this past spring, and so this has opened up a whole new world of possibilities when it comes to liquid-based meals. The added benefit is that you get all of the vitamins and minerals and nutrients in the fruits and veggies you use… and those come in especially handy during this season of sniffles!
So try this one on for size… and Immune System-Boosting Orange and Ginger Smoothie! Not only does it taste just incredible, but you will feel better too. Enjoy!
Orange and Ginger Immune-Boosting Smoothie:
- 2 medium oranges, peeled
- 1 half-inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- ¼ of an avocado
- 3 cups of romaine lettuce, washed
- 1 cup almond milk, or your favorite nut milk
- 1 handful of ice cubes
1) Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender such as a Vitamix
2) Share the second serving or store it in an airtight container for up to 24 hours