So even though all of us here at Heroic Health headquarters are always doing out best to eat and live healthy… and even though we are all doing REALLY well… there are what may be seen as moments of weakness. I DISAGREE, first of all!! It is possible to have the occasional snack that maybe feels a little more like junk food, without resorting to eating actual junk food!!!
If this is the sort of snack that you are craving, than these Avocado Mint Cream Bars are for you! They are absolutely divine tasting and you would never even guess that they are healthier than they seem upon just tasting them.
Pretty sweet way to start off the week!
Avocado Mint Cream Bars:
For the crust:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp. cocoa or cacao powder
For the filling:
- 1 avocado, peeled/pitted
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 to 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 banana or ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
For the topping:
- 4 tbsp. cocoa or cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
1) Blend the crust ingredients until it comes together, don’t worry if it’s still a bit crumbly, and press into an 8×8 baking tin lined with parchment paper
2) Blend the filling ingredients until smooth and spread evenly on top of the crust
3) Freeze for about 10 minutes while your prepare the topping
4) In a small bowl mix the topping ingredients until smooth and pour over the middle layer
5) Freeze bars until firm. To serve, let thaw for about 20 minutes and cut into squares. Freeze to store