Statistics can be pretty scary things sometimes. A great example of this is how many people on this planet have now been officially diagnosed with cancer – 44% of men and 39% of women!! That is not only tragic, but sort of frustrating because nowadays people should know better!! I mean, come on people – we live in the 21st century. There really are no more big secrets surrounding ways to safeguard your body and protect against things like ill health (cancer included).
So this is why here at Heroic Health, we decided that people maybe really just need to be instructed on what they can eat so that it will not only help nourish your body, but also detoxify it of any cancer-causing agents. Check out this great list of some of the most potent cancer-destroying foods and herbs, then start including them on your menu more often to start reaping the benefits of better health today!
1) Sea Vegetables:
- Kelp, kombu, and nori are three of the most common sea vegetables with remarkable effects on cancer. They are one of the richest and most bio-available sources of iodine, a substance lacking in the average diet that is implicated in many patients with breast and ovarian cancer. They are also rich in calcium and potassium, as well as all minerals, which assist in promoting a very alkaline environment, which makes it very difficult for existing cancer to survive
- Chlorella and spirulina are two of the most potent algae and are proven cancer fighters. Due to their incredible detoxification action (including binding to and eliminating heavy metals) and immune-boosting properties (by promoting the production of healthy gut flora and fighting candida overgrowth), they are a must have when healing cancer
3) Medicinal Mushrooms:
- Medicinal mushrooms such as reishi and chaga have had a number of bioactive molecules, including anti-tumor agents, identified in their structure. These bioactive compounds include polysaccharides, alkaloids, tocopherols, phenolics, flavonoids, carotenoids, folates, ascorbic acid enzymes, and organic acids. Studies show that long-term consumption of reishi prevents tumor proliferation and growth by increasing the level of antioxidants in an individual’s blood plasma while boosting the immunity of those suffering from advanced-stage cancer
4) Aloe Vera:
- Research shows strong immunomodulatory and anti-tumor properties on polysaccharides in aloe vera, which means it boosts immune system function and destroys cancer tumors. A study in International Immunopharmacology showed that aloe vera polysaccharides exhibited potent macrophage activating activities including producing increased volumes of nitric oxide, which has anti-tumor potential
- The hemp plant contains some of the most balanced and richest sources of oils on the planet, with an ideal ratio of 3:1 for omega 6 to omega 3. Hemp seed oil also contains 80% essential fatty acids, the highest of any plant. Essential fatty acids are fundamental to immune function due to their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory fatty acids, which helps oxidize the cells and restores health at a cellular level. Since cancer cannot survive in a highly oxygenated environment, the superb EFA content in hemp makes it a great option for healing cancer
- A double blind, randomized study with over 3000 human subjects for seven clinical years showed that cancer risk was cut by 60% for those with the highest intake of allium containing vegetables, including aged garlic. The miracle nutrient appears to be the enzyme alliinase (a nutrient in the Allium genus) which produces the anti-cancer compounds. The key is to crush it and let it sit for 15 minutes in order to release these anti-cancer compounds
- The Life Extension Foundation has conducted extensive research into the anti-cancer properties of turmeric and found that it targets 10 causative factors involved in cancer development, including DNA damage, chronic inflammation, and disruption of cell signaling pathways. Hundreds of studies have also shown that curcumin is a potent anti-cancer food that blocks cancer development in a number of unique ways
9) Cruciferous Vegetables:
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage have been linked to lower cancer risks and have the ability to halt growth of cancer cells for tumors in the breast, uterine lining, lung, colon, liver, and cervix. It appears that a phytochemical called sulforaphane can stimulate enzymes that detoxify carcinogens before they damage cells, as well as indole 3-carbinol and crambene, which are also suspected of activating detoxification enzymes