I know I am always going on and on about how amazing the weekly recipes we post here are… but this week’s may just knock them all out of the park. We just finished having a cozy evening-just-for-two in the apartment, complete with a super snazzy and pretty incredibly healthy dinner and a bottle of Shiraz. The meal? WOWZERS! I like to call it my specialty Smoked Salmon with Bok Choy and Spicy Ginger-Soy Dressing… but you can just call it yummy.
I think that the key really is just keeping the wok covered as much as you can as it’s cooking, as that allows the flavours to combine oh-so-nicely and makes the entire apartment smell like heaven. Add in a glass or two of Shiraz, and you have at least the starts of a pretty stellar date night in with your better half (plus, you’ll impress the heck out of them when you whip out this dish… seriously yummy!).
This recipe is a 100% Heroic Health-created kitchen creation… so you can rest assured that it is just about as healthy as it gets! The fact that it tastes absolutely incredible is just an added bonus.
Smoked Salmon with Bok Choy and Spicy Ginger-Soy Dressing:
- About 1 cup smoked salmon, shredded
- 4 cups bok choy, washed thoroughly and chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, minced
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1½ tsp. butter, melted
- ¼ cup Kraft ginger-soy salad dressing
- A little less than ¼ cup Asian-style hot sauce
- 2 cups brown or wild rice
- Dice smoked salmon. Wash thoroughly and chop bok choy. Peel and grate apples. Minced garlic and onion
- Melt coconut oil and butter in a wok or large frying pan. Add smoked salmon and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring into the melted oils
- Add bok choy, apples, onion and garlic to the wok and stir fry for about 7 minutes or until vegetables are almost wilted
- Mix Kraft ginger-soy salad dressing and Asian-style hot sauce and pour over top. Mix well to combine, then cover wok with a lid, turn the heat down to low and let simmer for about 5 minutes to allow flavours to combine
- Serve with rice and a glass of Shiraz