Did you like reading Dr. Seuss books as a kid? All of us kids in my house growing up did. The stories are just put together in such a way that they make us smile and the rhymes, though they didn’t always make sense, were such fun to read. One of my favourites was always Green Eggs & Ham… so when I came across this recipe, I obviously had to try it out!
Trust me when I say that this recipe does not disappoint… it’s yummy, healthy satisfying and super fun to make and eat (when I first tried it, I literally “would not, could not” put it down….). Best served with a tall glass of chocolate milk.
Green Eggs and Ham Sandwich:
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- ½ peeled and pitted avocado
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) lemon juice
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 slice extra lean baked ham
- In a bowl, mash together egg with avocado until well blended to desired consistency
- Stir in lemon juice
- On one of the slices of bread, arrange slice of ham. Top with “green egg” mixture; cover with remaining slice of bread
- With serrated knife, slice into quarters and serve.
Nutritional information PER SERVING: about 230 calories, 18g protein, 19g total fat, 3.3g saturated fat, 30g carbohydrates, 7g fibre, 220mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium % RDI: 4% calcium, 20% iron, 6% vitamin A, 20% vitamin C
(I originally found this recipe on the BestHealthMag website, where there are TONS of other healthy and yummy recipes… check it out!)