If you are anything like us, you understand that there are always going to be the odd morning here and there when you are running super late (today this was because my alarm clock was set an hour slow, grrr!). This then may mean that there is no time to have a solid breakfast, which for me really can mess up my day. But luckily, I found the solution over this past weekend!
One of my friends shared this recipe for Chocolate Coconut Energy Bars with me… and boy are they ever delicious!! With coconut oil, honey, chia seeds and more, you just can’t go wrong. They will provide enough sustainable energy to at least get you through to lunchtime.
Chocolate Coconut Energy Bars:
- ½ cup cocoa butter (28 to 30 wafers)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup (or more to taste) honey
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 11/5 cups shredded coconut
- ½ cup chia Seeds (optional, can use extra Shredded Coconut instead)
- Vanilla to taste (optional)
- Stevia tincture for extra sweetness (optional, to taste)
1) Melt the cocoa butter in a small pan over low heat
2) Add coconut oil and melt
3) Add honey and stir well
4) Stir in cocoa powder
5) Stir in chia seeds (optional) and/or Shredded Coconut
6) Add vanilla, stevia tincture or other flavors to taste (optional)
7) Pour into a parchment paper lined 9×13 baking dish and refrigerate for 1 hour or until hardened (can also freeze)
8) Cut into squares/bars and enjoy!