As we were wandering around town last week and running errands and such, I came to a realization… it is fall! Like, noticeably colder-leaves on the ground-break out the sweaters kind of fall.
(I am, for the most part, unimpressed. I much prefer late spring and summer to fall and winter… though each season does have its perks, I still will take tank tops and the beach over parkas and shoveling any old day!)
But one of the great things about fall is PUMPKINS!! To us at Heroic Health, this is one of the best things about fall. We LOVE pumpkins (and most other squash). So this week’s recipe has a hefty dose of pumpkin flavour mixed with all of the awesomeness of coconut milk (full-fat, no less! That makes it even better), coffee and maple syrup. The end result is an epic adventure into the depth of fall flavours.
No, seriously though, we bet you’ll love it as much as we do!
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- 1 cup organic coffee
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and bring almost to a simmer, watching carefully so that it doesn’t boil over
- Pour the hot liquids into a blender with a vent. It MUST have a vent
- Puree on low speed for 30 seconds
- Pour into mugs and enjoy!