Have you ever gotten in a really solid workout, only to not eat an optimum post-workout meal afterwards and thus miss out on some of the benefits that you may otherwise have gotten out of it? Well FEAR NOT! Heroic Health & Well-Being is here with the answer to all of your post-workout nutrition needs!
After a workout, you need to be consuming some quality protein within one to two hours. This helps re-build your muscles and repair any damage that they sustained through your workout. But too often, we turn back to our typical North American food choices here, and this is where the nutritional value falls short. Most foods in our diets on this end of the world are, for the most part, completely devoid of nutritional value! And this is a tragedy that doesn’t seem to be ending any time soon.
Luckily, there are some foods that we eat on a pretty regular basis that have some pretty strong nutritional value, and these post-workout pancakes are no exception. They use eggs and sweet potatoes, plus coconut oil to add some healthy fats and blueberries to add some antioxidants and vitamins. Served up with just a slight sprinkle of icing sugar, your body will never feel better after a solid morning workout!
Sweet Potato Post-Workout Pancakes:
- 6-oz. cooked sweet potato
- 2 free range eggs
- 1-oz. egg whites
- ½ tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½-oz. whey protein
- 1-oz. blueberries
- ½ tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
1) Peel sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Boil until soft
2) Preheat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat with coconut oil
3) Combine all ingredients in a blender except coconut oil, syrup and blueberries. Blend on high for 30 seconds
4) Pour batter into frying pan and add blueberries. Cook until one side is done, flip and cook the other side
5) Top with maple syrup and serve immediately