Lunch today = AMAZING!! I was sitting here at my desk and getting work done when I looked at the clock and realized that it was already past 12:30pm! And as I am not one who likes missing lunch (or any meal for that matter), I figured I ought to scavenger around the kitchen and see what we have that I could whip up for lunch. So among the miscellaneous ingredients, I came across a Ziploc bag of garlic scones and two fresh tomatoes straight off the farm (we have started ordering from the farm vegetable box program)… and at that moment, genius struck!
I love garlic. And I love the concept of mini pizzas. So I figured, why not try and create something brilliant out of these simple ingredients?
The end result was indeed brilliant. These little bites that were clearly sent from heaven were baked to mildly crispy perfection, and the freshness of the tomatoes plus the homegrown oregano I sprinkled on top just made lunchtime today a serious adventure in food. Try making some of these for yourself…
Cheesy Garlic Mini Scone-Pizzas:
- 3 or 4 garlic scones, halved
- About 1 tbsp. of garlic butter spread per scone
- 2 farm-fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated (a combination of the two cheeses would also be amazing)
- Home-grown (dried) oregano, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Make sure that the scones are cut in half lengthwise. Spread garlic butter on the inside layer
- Wash and dice tomatoes, sprinkle on top of scones
- Grate cheese and sprinkle on top of tomatoes
- Sprinkle oregano over top of pizzas
- Bake for about 7 to 9 minutes or just until cheese is melted and the edges of the scones are getting slightly crispy
- Serve immediately
We are positive that you will enjoy these delicious mini-pizzas! We sure did. The fact that they are actually really good for you is just an added bonus.