Just because it’s Detox Month here at Heroic Health headquarters, we wanted to share these ten popular tips to help you complete a successful detox. Detoxing is a great way to clean out your system and set your controls back to neutral. There are many different kinds, as we have mentioned before, but any detox system that you choose to use should benefit from these ten tips.
- Drink 1 litre of water upon waking – it flushes out your system for the new day
- Drink more water in general – it’s just common sense really. Water is the best thing for your body, all the time
- Eliminate animal products – your body really doesn’t need them anyhow… Check out this link for some shocking details: http://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/dont-we-need-to-eat-meat-and-dairy-products-to-be-healthy/
- Can’t read it? Don’t eat it! – if you can’t pronounce more than half of the ingredients, are you sure you want to be eating that processed food?
- Boost your health with herbs – they are great ways to add variation to your meals, plus they contain vitamins and phytonutrients. Check out http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/health-benefits-of-spices-herbs/ to learn some great herbs and spices that offer a range of health benefits
- Focus on raw fruits and veggies – cooked is still cool, but raw is WAY better for you
- Become a friend to mono-meals – these are meals made up mainly of only one ingredient. It’s easier than you might think. Learn more and check out 7 reasons why mono-meals are good for you at http://www.carlagoldenwellness.com/2013/06/24/7-reasons-to-love-a-monomeal/
- Get in touch with nature – go for a walk! Go swimming! Nature is always free, so it’s totally budget-friendly
- Get your blood pumping – exercise is key, but SLOW IT DOWN during a detox. It’s still good for you, but remember – you probably have less nutrients and such because of your diet during a detox, so it’s best to stick to low-impact stuff like yoga
- Practice slowing down and breathing – simple. Just breathe. This benefits everyone, all of the time though….
Always remember – when you are detoxing, pay attention to your body and it’s cues. It will let you know just how much of anything it can handle, so listening is in your best interests.
So a fact sheet about a fascinating detox plan is coming to the blog in a day of two… this one looks fascinating, as it is all about eating, living, being green! Sounds just about perfect.