If you are anything like me, you are probably not all that into winter and all of the “fun” that it brings (i.e. cold days and colder nights, itchy long johns, needing to put on layer after layer of clothing just to successfully go outside… and the list goes on). I mean, sure you have Christmas (though it’s situated right at the start of the cold weather, a fact which is baffled me for years!), but for the most part, all you have is cold. And dark. And yuck.
However, weather like this is just one more incentive to get all cuddled up in front of the fireplace with a huge mug of warm tea… and this tea has all of your winter needs covered! Not only will it pump up your immune system, but it also will make you feel all toasty and warm from the inside out. Give it a try next time the snow starts to fall!
Flu Fighting Tea:
- 1 bag good qualityorganic Echinacea tea (optional)
- 3 or 4 thin slices of fresh organic gingerroot
- 3 tbsp. organic lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp. raw organic honey
- ½ tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. organic ground clove
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a large cup of hot filtered water, steep the tea bag and the sliced ginger (you may omit the tea bag if you’d like)
- Add the lemon juice, honey and spices and stir well. The tea will be cloudy
- If you’d like, you may strain the tea through cheesecloth to remove the ground spices and ginger. At our house, we just drink it as is
(We originally found this recipe through one of our Facebook friends… you should definitely check them out if you want more great recipes and healthy living tips)