I totally had a moment this evening… I spent most of the afternoon cleaning up my apartment (like I’m talking thoroughly cleaning), and so when I got to the fridge I was already pretty hungry from the previous three rooms I had just cleaned. The fact that Sean and I are leftover fiends is always beneficial, but today it took the cake.
When I opened the freezer, I discovered a tupperware full of one of my absolute favourite dishes – Tri-Coloured Noodles, Feta Cheese & Tomatoes! If the name alone doesn’t make you drool, then you need to try it to experience why it is one of the best dishes in the Heroic Health arsenal.
I originally got this recipe from something that my mom tried to make one day when I was a kid. I remember that I used to pick out and only eat the feta cheese (cow’s milk, at that point) and the white noodles. Years went by before I fully grasped the awesomeness that is this dish.
This is best served with garlic crusty bread on the side. Enjoy!
Tri-Coloured Noodle/Feta/Tomato Dish:
- 1 package tri-coloured noodles
- 1 package (4 ounces) Roasted Garlic feta goat cheese
- 7 to 8 plum tomatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, halved and chopped into rings
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. dried sweet basil
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling, salted water. Set aside when done
- While noodles are cooking, chop up tomatoes and onions and put in another pot. Add garlic and basil. Cook on low for about half an hour
- Pour noodles in with tomato mixture. Add feta cheese and lemon juice. Stir to combine well
- Cover and allow to simmer for 30 to 45 minutes on low
- Serve hot with garlic toast on the side