So the femme fatale that is usually in charge of our weekly healthy recipes got super busy this week… the magazine that she also writes for is going to print today, and so things have been a little nutso. So we do apologize for the tardiness of this week’s healthy recipe! But like the title says, this healthy recipe is so yummy that it is well worth the wait.
Everyone should know by now about our “heroic love” of all things shrimp. Well, in this concoction, the simple addition of things like orange peel, cumin and a whole lot of garlic turns shrimp from everyday into beach party day! Best enjoyed on the patio with some friends drinking coolers and enjoying the sunshine.
Mojo Garlic-Orange Shrimp:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Mixed greens or hot cooked rice, pasta or polenta
1) Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Immediately add shrimp; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until shrimp begin to turn opaque
2) Add oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, orange peel and orange juice. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through
3) Serve over mixed greens, rice, pasta or polenta